SENIOR ASSOCIATE ATTORNEY
Orange County Firm Seeking Business Litigation Senior Associate
Do you want to help business owners and entrepreneurs tangled up in toxic business relationships? Do you want to stand on the client’s side when they refuse to be bullied by their business partners? Do you want to belong to a firm where your work really matters?
Our entrepreneurial law firm is small enough that everyone plays a critical role yet big enough to offer the security and flexibility you want. Work where you know the owner, have daily interactions with clients, and provide a resource for business owners to protect what they worked so hard for.
You must have at least five (5) years of business litigation experience with exceptional writing and analytical skills. Additionally, you must be dedicated to excellence and client satisfaction.
This position will be responsible for the following duties:
- Meeting with the client to learn their goals and serving as the principal contact between them and the firm.
- Updating clients on the progress of their cases.
- Setting case strategy and legal strategy, among other tasks, to bring the case to a timely resolution.
- Appearing on behalf of and advocating for clients during depositions, mediation, meetings, hearings, and trials.
- Approving and filing final court documents under signature.
- Helping other team members with questions and difficulties to assist the team in closing out our family law cases.
Other requirements include the following:
- A confident demeanor in person and on the phone
- Empathetic to clients experiencing difficult situations
- Exceptional communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and database entry
- Adept in legal research
- Go-getter attitude with a strong work ethic
We strive to help our staff achieve their professional goals while also expecting the expertise necessary to hit the ground running. We need a senior associate with experience in business litigation. The ideal candidate will be able to take the initiative on work that needs to be done and complete tasks with minimal hand-holding.
Ready to Apply?
This position is more than a job for the right person; it’s a career. Salary is commensurate with skill and experience and is negotiable. Moreover, there is an opportunity for bonus compensation for those who can demonstrate their profitability. If this sounds like a good fit for you, you will need to complete a two-step process to be considered. If both steps are not completed, you will not receive a response from our hiring team.
Step 1: Please provide us with your current resume in PDF format.
Step 2: Write a short cover letter describing why you’re the best candidate.
Please send these documents along with three references. Do not send your resume through this website.
Please email your documents to Hello@FocusLawLA.com. The subject line of the email should be your last name (all caps), followed by the position you are applying for in lower case, followed by one word that you would use to describe yourself in all caps.
We look forward to reviewing your application.
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED THROUGH THIS SYSTEM OR THAT DO NOT FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
We are an established and growing law firm that specializes in business litigation matters for businesses located in California and Pacific Rim.
We are a law firm that helps entrepreneurs end toxic relationships with their business partners so they can regain their freedom and sanity.